In a new section on his official web, http://www.banksy.co.uk, Banksy informs us of “a recent spate of Banksy exhibitions none of which are consensual.”
Screenshot from http://www.banksy.co.uk
The list of “real” Banksy shows in the column to the left are, in reverse order:
- Turf War. London, July 2003. Banksy’s first major exhibition. Only Banksy work.
- Crude Oils. London, October 2005. The second major exhibition. Only Banksy work.
- Barely Legal – the first big US show. September 2006. The third major exhibition. Only Banksy work.
- The Cans Festival. London, May 2008. Collective street art exhibition in London
- Village Pet Store and Charcoal Grill. New York, October 2008. Remarkable exhibition with animatronics
- Banksy vs Bristol Museum. June 2009. Banksy’s fourth major exhibition. Only Banksy work.
- Better Out than In. New York, October 2013. Banksy’s fifth major exhibition. Only Banksy work.
- Dismaland. August – September 2015. The sixth major exhibition. Collective exhibition with 58 other artists and 13 Banksy pieces.
- The Walled Off Hotel. Palestine, March 2017 and ongoing. Banksy’s seventh major exhibition. Collective exhibition with Palestinian artists and more than 20 new Banksy originals